Cotrel spinal research Foundation
Institut de France
Early detection of scoliosis
a simple test
for all parents
A cross-disciplinary challenge
an international response
Call for projects 2024
Since its creation in 1999, the Fondation Yves Cotrel pour la Recherche en Pathologie Rachidienne has focused on its core research theme: etiology of idiopathic scoliosis. Over last 24 years, the Foundation has supported 80 research projects from all over the world. They are undertaken
Two teams were selected by the Scientific Board in December 2021. * Pr Florina Moldovan (Sainte Justine, Montreal, Canada)* Dr Aurélien Courvoisier (Grenoble, France). Pr René Castelein’s project, undertaken in (Utrecht, Netherlands) was selected by both the Cotrel Foundation and the Scoliosis Research Society
TEAMS & PROJECTS
A transdisciplinary challenge, an international response
Since its creation, Cotrel Spinal research Foundation has focused its research program on the origin and evolution of idiopathic scoliosis, a spinal deformity that occurs during growth and for which the cause is still unknown..
80 research projects funded worldwide.
5 million euros invested in their construction
5 main areas of research identified :
- Biomechanics study of the spinal axis and the forces to which it is subjected.
- Genetics: study of heredity and genes, focusing on hereditary transmission within a family.
- Metabolic : study of cell function and behavior under the action of chemical or hormonal mediators.
- Neurosensory : research on the nervous system and sense organs (vision, sense of balance).
- Screening for progressive scoliosis